Communications Analyst is located in Country Office Belarus (CO) and reports to the UNFPA Assistant Representative.
The Communications Analyst will advise on and assist in developing and implementing the Country Office’s Communications and Advocacy Strategy, including by analyzing relevant political, social and economic developments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and analyses the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA’s work, as well as the public perception of UNFPA in the media and general public; identifies opportunities for strategic communications interventions and recommends appropriate action to seize opportunities for increasing visibility for UNFPA, its work and ICPD issues, and to maintain a positive image for the organization;
- Guides internal and external communications aimed at informing and engaging staff and various audiences around the corporate strategic goals and transformative results and the high-level goals of the country programme;
- Coordinates the development, in collaboration with the programme team, of the CO’s communication and advocacy strategy and action plan;
- Ensures developing and maintaining close collaboration with traditional and social media, as well as with civil society groups and organizations essential to achieving UNFPA’s advocacy and communication objectives;
- Assists in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories, social media content and other advocacy/information materials;
- Coordinates the establishment and content maintenance of the UNFPA website and social media accounts for UNFPA Belarus;
- Coordinates with concerned programme staff to prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefings and visits of journalists, donors, senior government officials and other groups;
- Helps organize and generate public support for special events, including World Population Day and the launch of the State of World Population Report;
- Contributes press clippings to the weekly regional media monitoring report;
- Leads on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, infographics, podcasts, video, audio-visual, etc.) for national, regional and global campaigns, and oversees the qualitative aspects of production (e.g. quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design) to ensure the highest standards and compliance with UNFPA style and policies;
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participates in the evaluation of their impact. Provides feedback to Regional Office and Headquarters on the use and appropriateness of global publications and visual materials;
- Establishes/maintains a repository of communications materials, including written, visual and audio-visual materials;
- Participates in the Belarus UN Communications Group and contributes to planning and implementation of the joint UN Communication Strategy.
- Advises the Country Director, the Assistant Representative and the programme/project teams in developing partnerships with donor communities and other development partners in support of resource mobilization, including organizing donor meetings where needed, as it relates to visibility and branding.
- Facilitates the programme/project teams to report on results.
Functional Skill Set:
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferably with prior experience in the field of communication and advocacy on social issues, etс. or bachelor degree with 2 years of relevant experience;
- Professional experience in programme/ project management would be desirable;
- Experience in public relations, communications and/or journalism;
- Proven ability to plan, design, implement and oversee strategic communications at the organizational level, particular in the social sector;
- Familiarity with the communications, public relations and journalist landscape in Belarus
- Excellent network of professional contacts within the Belarus communications/public relations community;
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA agenda, policies and procedures is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Russian/Belarusian required.
Important applicant information
The post is subject to local recruitment.
We are committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application deadline: 21.08.2019, (Midnight New York, USA)
Should you or someone you know be interested in vacancy application,
please follow the link for more details: http://bit.ly/33erUON